[PD] mp3write~ memoryleak

Olaf Matthes olaf.matthes at gmx.de
Sun Mar 23 21:50:38 CET 2003

joreg schrieb:

> but i think there are two more things: when i stop recording the
> console always says 'flushed 1926 bytes' no matter how long i
> recorded.

This could be normal but I'm not shure. On my machine I very often get the same number of samples for quite
long times. Anyway, it shouldn't affect the file. It'll just be a very tiny bit shorter.

> and i have the feeling that 'truncate' and 'append' make no
> difference. recording is always appended when i don't close the file
> and reopen it.

That's the intended behaviour. 'stop' is more a 'pause' than a real stop message. 'play' then 'unpauses'
recording.

Olaf