[PD] percussion sampler

jfm3 jfm3 at ouroboros-complex.org
Mon Mar 24 05:06:35 CET 2003

I'm making a percussion sampler performance patch. Latency is a big
issue.

In all of the sample playback Pd patches I've seen, There's a 5 ms delay
when a voice is stolen while the sample ramps down, avoiding a click
that would come from jumping back to the beginning of the sample while
not at a zero crossing.

What's the best way to get around that? Is there a way that I can tell
when I need to ramp down and when I don't? For example, if I've reached
the end of a sample, I don't need to ramp down again since I'm already
at zero, I can immediately start playing the sample back from 1 again.

If I were for example to put a [delay 5] after all my control signals,
would that add to the 5 ms of regular pd buffering latency, or would it
overlap?

Thanks in advance for your illumination.

--
(jfm3  2838 BCBA 93BA 3058 ED95  A42C 37DB 66D1 B43C 9FD0)