[PD] percussion sampler

matthew jones M.Jones at signal.qinetiq.com
Mon Mar 24 12:38:51 CET 2003

not sure what you mean.  stolen voice?
firstly, to deal with latency in audio I suggest recording from the
[delread~] object rather than [adc~] directly.  secondly, when the sample is
triggered, give the [line~] object [1 5( or something (assuming its
initialised to zero) to ramp up.  Then you already know how long the sample
is so at the same time as banging the [tabplay~] and line objects, you can
bang [delay n-5] (where n is your sample length in ms) sent to a [0 5(
message in turn sent to the [line~] object.  you are then ready to retrigger
the sample.

Is this at all useful or have I missed the mark??
good luck