[personal] Re: [PD] How do I get an xeq object (or any friend) to play my sequence reversed?

mark mark at junklight.com
Tue Mar 25 16:29:42 CET 2003

I have been playing round with an infinite midi loop abstraction
I built around coll (see the wonderful cyclone library).

This allows me currently to play a midi sequence into it via my
keyboard and then the loop be repeateded forever. Think Robert
Fripp soundscapes with midi not delay lines

It would be fairly easy to use this approach to do reverse sequences -
play the sequence into the abstraction and then playback reversing note
ons and offs - this last bit would require a bit more work - perhaps a
separate coll - to do a lookup on each note.

The way I am doing the sequence-->coll is to have an integer line (see
recent posts although mine is just line-->int I'll be upgrading it soon)

generating an index on a millisecond basis). When an event arrives it
gets added to the coll. The index is also reading out events at all
times.

I keep meaning to post the abstraction but it needs lots of tidying and
haven't had time.

hope this helps a bit - haven't got time at the momemnt to build an
example
for you but feel free to ask quesitons.

cheers

mark