[PD] iCubeX experiences

Ivan Franco ivan.franco at ydreams.com
Wed Mar 26 16:47:30 CET 2003

I've used the Icube with pd and have been having some trouble.
Infusion systems should definitely make an icube editor standalone for
OSX (the last one was a Max standalone but maybe they should move away
from that since Max situation concerning OSX is not the best).
Anyways the icube must be used in standalone mode and I also verified
that
I must send some other kind of midi data (like a note on from a keyboard
or other device) in order to PD to start reading plain Midi messages
sent
from Icube. I don't know if this is a problem related to Icube itself
or Midi with
OSX. Another problem is that midi manager from Core Midi in OSX seems
to reset every time I shutdown my computer having to go back to setup
when
  I want to send any midi to pd (could also be related to my midi
interface but not
very probable).
Any other experiences with MIDI on PD/OSX?

greetings
Ivan