[PD] jack

pix pix at test.at
Thu Mar 27 17:00:41 CET 2003

finally success, using the latest devel_0_36 checkout, and the jack 0.50
from debian ...

actually what was making me think that it wasn't working was that i needed
to set "-n 3" to avoid getting staticy noise with my emi2|6.

i can now use all 6 channels of my emi2|6 (athough you have to hook them
up manually with jack_connect).

i get 92ms latency, it looks like that would be about 32ms if i used alsa
directly (but i get terrible "continuity"). just mentioning that incase
anyone is interested. i personally don't do anything that requires low
latency.

i also noticed that using a realtime jack and a realtime pd, i could do
pretty much anything on the machine without interrupting audio. but if i
tried to draw on a graph in pd, i still get audio dropouts (well, crackles
and A/D/A sync errors). if you ask me, that seems very wrong.

pix.