[PD] raw mouse data

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Thu Mar 27 20:06:32 CET 2003

I thought about using a serial mouse but I think that they have quite low
resolution and refresh rate (like 40 Hz).  I think the best PS/2 mice can
go up to 200 Hz, but the OS limits that (Win98=45Hz).  40 Hz = 25 ms
latency.  This is slower than I want for real-time control.

Windows, for example, reads USB mice at 135 Hz by default, but
internally they refresh at 1500-6000 Hz, depending on the mouse.
I'd love to get access to the raw data from a USB mouse in PD.  I might
just have to write the code myself.

.hc