[PD] A/D serial device

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Fri Mar 28 05:39:48 CET 2003

On Thu, 27 Mar 2003 20:05:35 -0800
"David Brynjar Franzson" <pd at franzson.com> wrote:

> Hi all, does anyone know of any lo-fi or cheap solutions for getting a
> voltage reading from a line (basically read the status of an infrared
> detector) and into the serial object of PD, some sort of an A/D converter
> probably... I'm trying to see if there are any cheaper solutions than using
> a basic stamp (will be using mine for other things at the same time and am
> on a budget...)

If you're specifically doing it for interfacing with infared you might want to check out the linux infared project (which is well advanced at this stage). I believe that one of their daemons writes all incoming infared transients to a fifo which you could then read.
http://www.lirc.org/

Regards,

Chris.
chris at mccormick.cx