[PD] A/D serial device

Christian Klippel ck at mamalala.de
Fri Mar 28 11:16:56 CET 2003

hi david,

Am Freitag, 28. März 2003 05:05 schrieb David Brynjar Franzson:
> Hi all, does anyone know of any lo-fi or cheap solutions for getting a
> voltage reading from a line (basically read the status of an infrared
> detector) and into the serial object of PD, some sort of an A/D converter
> probably... I'm trying to see if there are any cheaper solutions than using
> a basic stamp (will be using mine for other things at the same time and am
> on a budget...)
>
> David B Franzson

for a cheap way, if you can buil a unit yourself, you may take a look at the
ad-interface i made. http://mamalala.de/files/electronic.html

it hooks to the parport of your pc, has plenty of channels if you want, and
either 8, 10 or 12 bit resolution. olaf matthes ported the driver to pd.

if you simply need something to detect a on/off state, you can use the parport
directly. its pretty simply, just a few wires and resistors, i can help you
on that if you want.

greets,

chris