[PD] A/D serial device

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Fri Mar 28 16:27:09 CET 2003

Hallo,
Marc Lavallée hat gesagt: // Marc Lavallée wrote:

> If you're using GNU/Linux on a PC, try the joystick object from the ggee
> externals. Make sure the signals are adapted for the joystick port:
> http://www.epanorama.net/documents/joystick/pc_circuits.html#generalinput

IIR, the joystick object isn't in GGEE anymore. The external to use
now is J. Sarlo's joystick for Linux and Windows, maybe OS-X, too,
from http://crca.ucsd.edu/~jsarlo/pd/

I use this a lot, and it's not actually low-resolution, as someone
else said here. It provides a range way above midi (~ +-32000), but
with a playstation pad, that is a bit hard to control exactly.
Otherwise it is a wonderful complement to my buttonless midi fader
box.

ciao