[PD] how do tk widgets talking back to externals?

Krzysztof Czaja czaja at chopin.edu.pl
Sat Mar 29 16:53:48 CET 2003

hi,

the usual way is doing just that -- sending to a symbol -- on the
gui side, while binding your external object to this symbol on the
pd side.  Since that symbol should be somehow unique, a good way
would be to perform some name mangling with an object's address,
e.g. using "%x" pattern in sprintf.  You will find many such
examples in Miller's (and other's) code.

Krzysztof