[PD] Was: compilation is: tk 8.3

matthijs at devdsp.net matthijs at devdsp.net
Sun Mar 30 17:33:28 CEST 2003

On Sun, Mar 30, 2003 at 11:19:50AM +1000, delire wrote:
> yes it's causing all sorts of havoc.. see the thread
> // glist_findrtext //.

Yeah, that thread prompted me to try downgrading Tcl/Tk

> many have edited the inlcude path in the makefile to get it to compile and when it does pd can segfaults [for a variety of reasons] on a 'consistency check'..

I got rid of -Werror in the makefile, with similar results :(

> developers don't seem to have yet addressed the problem, but yes it is reasonably serious.

It's not *that* bad for me, as PD is the only app I use that needs
Tcl/Tk, but not everyone may feel comfortable ditching the latest 'n
greatest in favor of an earlier version.

take care,

Matthijs de Jonge
http://devdsp.net - news and resources for computer musicians