[PD] readanysf~, a ways to go

august august at alien.mur.at
Wed Apr 2 17:24:39 CEST 2003

Thomas, I had a deconstructor where I was locking and unlocking a mutex.
that was bad, I guess.  I got rid of the mutex locks and now it can be
removed from the canvas smoothly (well, it doesnt hang too much anymore,
but still hangs).

It even looks as if it is deleting the thread OK.  when I start a patch
with two readanysf~ objs on the canvas, I can see 4 threads und 'ps aufmx'

when I delete one of the objs, I then only see 3 threads.  [dont know what
this means, but it looks as if it doing what it should].
however, no matter what I try, when I delete the 2nd obj from the canvas,
PD is almost certain to seg fault.

You have any ideas why?  the flext version I am using is from CVS, about 1
or 2 weeks old.

I've also tried with such a deconstructor:

	readanysf::~readanysf()  {
	  StopThreads();
	}

the latest version is here: