[PD] [GEM] pix_video problem

Daniel Heckenberg daniel at bogusfront.org
Thu Apr 3 08:46:12 CEST 2003

Hi Brad,

On Thu, 2003-04-03 at 00:20, Brad Kligerman wrote:
> I've checked the list archives as well as [pix_video_ds] but I get an
> error concerning the gem.dll when I open the help file.
>
> rig: pd 0.36, gem 0.87 (Mar 16 2003), winxp, dv cam via firewire
> Any ideas?

Can you be more specific about the error message?

[pix_video] certainly won't work with your DV camera as Video For
Windows doesn't know how to do DV decompression.  [pix_video_ds] should
work, however.

You could try the CVS build of GEM which seems to be more stable than
gem 0.87 and has [pix_videoDS] built in (note the slightly different
object name).  It's also available at www.bogusfront.org

Good luck,
Daniel