[PD] Re: [PD-dev] set send

Krzysztof Czaja czaja at chopin.edu.pl
Thu Apr 3 17:11:42 CEST 2003

hi Olaf, hi all,

I think c74's solution of having a separate 'forward' object,
while keeping the 'send' simple and clean, is a wise one.

Even if it was not, please! do not make incompatibilities even
worse than they are now.

Although I think c74's concern was mainly about not breaking
existing patches, there are other reasons, why I would lobby
for not changing the canonical 'send' behaviour --

In most cases the need for retargetting is the consequence of
a bad design.  In the rare other cases, it would be nice, if any
dangerous, dynamically changing connection in a patch was clearly
indicated by the use of a special object name.

Krzysztof