[PD] Re: error loading gem: undefined symbol

Nicholas Newberry newb0007 at algonquincollege.com
Thu Apr 3 21:38:48 CEST 2003

On Wed, 2003-04-02 at 20:58, Nicholas Newberry wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm hoping someone knows what's going on here. I downloaded the cvs gem
> lib and compiled it fine (once I got the libraries and gave it the
> no-mpeg option). But when I try to
>
> pd -lib Gem
>
> I get the error:
>
> /usr/local/lib/pd/extra/Gem.pd_linux:
> /usr/local/lib/pd/extra/Gem.pd_linux: undefined symbol:
> _ZN8GLTTFontC1EP6FTFace
> Gem: can't load library
>
> If anyone has any insight into this problem it would be much
> appreciated!
>
> I'm using mdk linux 9.0, and have:
>         gltt-2.5.2-2
>         gltt-devel-2.5.2-2
>         freetype-1.3.1-17mdk
>         freetype-devel-1.3.1-17mdk
>         Mesa-4.0.3-6mdk
>         libMesaglut3-4.0.3-6mdk
>         libMesaglut3-devel-4.0.3-6mdk

I found some similar problems with "undefined symbol" in them on the list
; one guy said it happened to him because the makefile needed "-lttf", but
my makefile has it already, and -lgltt.

Maybe it's because I built it without MPEG? *shrug* Or maybe I'm just a
useless newbie and everyone else is laughing because I can't figure this
out :P

Anyway, if anyone else has had this problem, please let me know -
everyone's having fun except me!

Nick.