[PD] Open Sound world

Michael McGonagle fndsnd at rcnchicago.com
Fri Apr 4 05:22:44 CEST 2003

Just to give you my experiences with this (I tested this after reading
Ben's original message).

It requires the latest TclTkAquaBI version, as it uses the Iwidgets
extentions. But, the handy aspect of this is that PD does NOT seem to
work with this version of tcl/tk...

When I did get OSW installed (with the proper version of tcl/tk), it did
not load any of the MIDI opcodes properly, I had only tried those few
examples, so other parts might be working.

One really weird (and VERY distracting) thing is that as the patches I
loaded opened, the background of the window changed colors rapidly, and
with very bright colors that were painful on my eyes. I do agree with
Pall's comment on the Icons being of awkard sizes and shapes. It also
seems to have problems with its "cabling" functionality, as it will draw
lines on the background window if you don't attach the cables properly.
And there does not seem to be a way to erase or select those lines (I
did not try saving and reopening as I never got anything to work...)

Mike