[PD] PD newbie problems with waves files

jerome abel abel.jerome at free.fr
Fri Apr 4 13:09:02 CEST 2003

hello,

I'm a french guy, so be nice with my english language...

i'm working on PC pentium III 500Mhz computer with windows 2000.
I've problem while reading waves files.
On the documentation exemples, sometimes, i can't read waves files. On the
MSDOS screen, here it is :

error : soundfiler_read : ../sound/voice.wav : no such file or directory
... You might be able to track this down the Find menu

So I go to the Find Menu on the Patch , and I search :
 ../sound/voice.wav

After this, the message box ( read ../sound/voice.wav sample-table) is blue,
but there is always an error message on the Msdos screen.

I think I don't known about the files adresses, about files formats, about
where put my waves files...
If you could answer to me about this kind of problem, it would be very NICE.

Thanks,
jerome