[PD] gemwin problem

lluis gomez i bigorda lgomez at pangea.org
Fri Apr 4 12:15:11 CEST 2003

hello all,

recently i have a Gnu/linux Mandrake-ppc in a PowerbookG3 installed. i have
XFree4.2, Ctl/Tk 8.3, libquicktime, libmpeg3, (...) , pd0.36 & pdp0.10.1
working good ...

gem compiles good (only need adjust the paths for GemLibs in the Makefile) but
when i execute it all seems to be fine until i open any patch that has the
gemwin object ... then it crashes with a segmentation fault (and no more). i
can use all other gem objects (and seems to work)... all except gemwin ;(

any ideas?

thank's

Missatge citat per: dmotd <dmotd at zapz.net>:

> hallo nick,
>   i'm not going to be very insightful here, but i do share your
>   experiences on mandrake systems (8 + 9) and have never had the
>   patience to get gem running.. i don't know where your particular
>   incompatabilities lie (though it does at a glance look like a
>   problem with gltt), but you may want to try using the rpms
>   found at planet ccrma which are precompiled for redhat (which
>   mandrake is based):
>
>   http://www-ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/soundapps.html
>
>   otherwise if you want to do video processing pdp works great on
>   mandrake boxes..
>
>   good luck!
> dmotd
>

> Nicholas Newberry wrote:
> > On Wed, 2003-04-02 at 20:58, Nicholas Newberry wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > I'm hoping someone knows what's going on here. I downloaded the cvs
> gem
> > > lib and compiled it fine (once I got the libraries and gave it the
> > > no-mpeg option). But when I try to
> > >
> > > pd -lib Gem
> > >
> > > I get the error:
> > >
> > > /usr/local/lib/pd/extra/Gem.pd_linux:
> > > /usr/local/lib/pd/extra/Gem.pd_linux: undefined symbol:
> > > _ZN8GLTTFontC1EP6FTFace
> > > Gem: can't load library
> > >
> > > If anyone has any insight into this problem it would be much
> > > appreciated!
> > >
> > > I'm using mdk linux 9.0, and have:
> > >         gltt-2.5.2-2
> > >         gltt-devel-2.5.2-2
> > >         freetype-1.3.1-17mdk
> > >         freetype-devel-1.3.1-17mdk
> > >         Mesa-4.0.3-6mdk
> > >         libMesaglut3-4.0.3-6mdk
> > >         libMesaglut3-devel-4.0.3-6mdk
> > >
> > I found some similar problems with "undefined symbol" in them on the
> list
> > ; one guy said it happened to him because the makefile needed "-lttf",
> but
> > my makefile has it already, and -lgltt.
> >
> > Maybe it's because I built it without MPEG? *shrug* Or maybe I'm just
> > useless newbie and everyone else is laughing because I can't figure
> this
> > out :P
> >
> > Anyway, if anyone else has had this problem, please let me know -
> > everyone's having fun except me!
> >
> > Nick.

  _
 (o< -! lluis gómez i bigordà                            lgomez at pangea.org
 //\                                                      +34.650.91.94.35
 V_/_                                               www.pangea.org/~lgomez