[PD] error loading gem: undefined symbol

MIrko Petrovich prab at terra.cl
Fri Apr 4 13:32:24 CEST 2003

Nicholas Newberry wrote:

>Hi all,

Hi Nicholas , hi list,

>I'm hoping someone knows what's going on here.

I'm sorry, but I'm having the same problem and I'm looking for help too  :-(

> I downloaded the cvs gem
>lib and compiled it fine (once I got the libraries and gave it the
>no-mpeg option). But when I try to
>
>pd -lib Gem
>
>I get the error:
>
>/usr/local/lib/pd/extra/Gem.pd_linux:
>/usr/local/lib/pd/extra/Gem.pd_linux: undefined symbol:
>_ZN8GLTTFontC1EP6FTFace
>Gem: can't load library

I'm getting the same error with cvs and the rpm for planet ccrma.
With gem 0.87 it's a little different :
/usr/local/pd-0.36-0/gem-0.87/Gem.pd_linux: undefined symbol:
_ZN8GLTTFont12setPrecisionEd

>If anyone has any insight into this problem it would be much
>appreciated!
>
>I'm using mdk linux 9.0, and have:
>        gltt-2.5.2-2
>        gltt-devel-2.5.2-2
>        freetype-1.3.1-17mdk
>        freetype-devel-1.3.1-17mdk
>        Mesa-4.0.3-6mdk
>        libMesaglut3-4.0.3-6mdk
>        libMesaglut3-devel-4.0.3-6mdk

I 'm using redhat 8.0 and I thought the problem was freetype 2.0.1, but
now i'm completely lost.
Should I downgrade to freetype 1.3.1.  ?
Nicholas - did you uninstall any former version of freetype ?

I hope someone knows what happens here and can bring us some light.
I was really happy using pd+gem 0.87 in redhat 7.1 .

Saludos

Mirko Petrovich
.CL