[PD] cd-rom pd-system

marius schebella marius.schebella at chello.at
Sun Apr 6 14:56:26 CEST 2003

> Another solution is todo it the hard way , ala Diskless-HOWTO,
> install a minimal system on a 640 MB partition, and minimize it.
>
> The knoppix team is trying to provide a costumized live CD builder,
> if they are finished with that, it is probably the easiest way to go.
> (check out the knoppix mailing lists, etc)
>
> Greetings,
>
> Guenter

that's what i am trying to do. i really want to have a minimum system of
linux, because in my pd-patch i have some big soundfiles, which also have to
fit on the cd...
so the small size is one problem, the other problem is, that the system is
has to boot from alone. just power on and play (no keyboard, monitor...) and
i have not the possibilities to work on the computer, so after the computer
is out, i will not be able to access it any more (for changes/updates in the
patch i will burn a new cd and send it to the user...)
i found a tutorial/howto for diskless systems, but things are always
slightly different and so i ran into some problems.
i hope to figure it out today.
do you think knoppix can do that? what about "mklive-cd" which i heard about
in the debian distribution? (i am using suse)
marius.