[PD] the max size of array?

Thomas Grill t.grill at gmx.net
Mon Apr 7 09:02:00 CEST 2003

Hi Jay,
the first thing that i usually change after downloading PD is this array
size limit. I don't know why it's there at all.
If you have the possibility to compile PD for your platform simply change
src/d_soundfile.c line 830 (in version 0.36) to a value of your choice.
For your wav file: Don't forget that a 16 bit file will be blown up to
double size (32 bits) and will then take up 304 MB. It depends on your RAM
size if that can be handled. Don't use a graphical array! The graphical
representation can't handle this large arrays properly.
It depends on what you want to do, but it may be better to use soundfiler
and load in only a portion of the file at a time.

best greetings,
Thomas