[PD] Setting up Pd on OSX

Mitchell Turner mmturner at mindspring.com
Mon Apr 7 22:25:56 CEST 2003

Pd-list,
I am trying to get Pd running on my iBook G3 500, 384 RAM, OS 10.2.4,
Pd 0.36, Tcl/Tk Auqua 8.4.2.  I can get Pd running but when I open a
patch like "01.PART1.hello.pd" found in the the "2.control.examples"
directory that came with Pd, the patcher window is blank.

Also, if I try to start my own patch and try to add any objects, Pd
closes.  I have even shut off MIDI and audio.  Here is what I type on
the command line and the result after trying to place an object into
the newly created patcher (I have yet to alias "pd" in my .tcshrc file
thus the "./"):

% ./pd -noaudio -nomidi
Consistency check failed: glist_findrtext
pd_gui: pd process exited
Bus error
%

I have read the documentation that came with Pd 0.36 but cannot figure
out what to do next.  Any recommended reading would be greatly
appreciated.
Mitch Turner
=====
mmturner at mindspring.com