[PD] Videohelp: Rendering GEM on an different Display and geforce 4 mx !

Winfried Ritsch ritsch at iem.at
Tue Apr 8 14:46:31 CEST 2003

Hello !

For a performance I need Gem running on the svideo-out on a gforce 4mx

I made an XF86config-4 with an additional  TVScreen Section:

Section "Screen"
        Identifier      "TVScreen"
        Device          "Generic Video Card"
        Monitor         "TVsvideo"
       Option "ConnectedMonitor" "TV"
       Option "TVStandard" "PAL-G"
       Option "TVOutFormat" "SVIDEO"
       SubSection "Display"
                Depth           24
                Modes           "640x480"
       EndSubSection
EndSection

started additional X

 X :1 -layout TVLayout

and started GEM with

 gemwin <- dimen 640 480;
 gemwin <- create :1;
 gemwin <- 1

and it works if I switch to TV Sreen (Alt-Ctrl-F8) I see gem working
throwing out a Video but

 Video has a Framefailure (two frames with a cut on the screen), a
 sync failure of rendering and TV-Out.

(If I display the Video on the Monitor, the the output is ok.)

so I tried also

 gemwin <- fullscreen 1;

but now I got a freeze of XServer

Has anyone a solution: ?

 - a working Videocardkonfiguration ?
 - a special Setting ?

I doesnt seem to be a GEM specific problem, but a setting up of
XServer one, but I am sure somebody needed it the same way.

mfg winfried

PS: I also used Twinview without fullscreen but it also makes
    the Picturefailure.