[PD] wacom usb tablet as controller ?

Christian Klippel ck at mamalala.de
Tue Apr 8 16:12:48 CEST 2003

hi,

Am Dienstag, 8. April 2003 15:20 schrieb Hans-Christoph Steiner:

> I am currently working on a Pd_linux object called [rawmouse] which
> reads info direct from the Linux event interface.  Once its done, it
> should be trivial to make a [rawtablet] object.   But its not done
> yet...
>
> .hc

if you read the event device, you can make a general purpose object.
just read the event, and give it to either seperate outlets
(type,code,value1,value2) or as list on a single outlet. there is an
timestamp in the event message also, if needed, that could be given an
outlet.....

that way it can be used with any event device, mice, tablets, joysticks,
pens... its then just up to the patch to decode the needed events. one can
make simple patches for a ready-to-use mouse decoder based on that, for
example.

greets,

chris