[PD] windows 2000 latency?

Miller Puckette mpuckett at man104-1.ucsd.edu
Tue Apr 8 18:30:21 CEST 2003

I don't have W2000 running right now, but I _think_ I had about 60 msec
latency going through it with a soundblaster, and about 15 when I put in an
RME Hammerfall.  However, I've never used any sound hardware that you could
use on a notebook and don't know what you can get in that situation.

You can set "-audiobuf" as low as you wish, but the sound will break up
when you set it lower than your soundcard and driver allow.

I didn't notice any difference batween W2K and WXP, although again the
situation could be entirely different for laptops than on my desktop.

Hope this helps...

Miller