[PD] windows 2000 latency?

Matthew Allen matthew at lith.com
Tue Apr 8 19:14:12 CEST 2003

And here I guess would be the problem with windows.

	I get much, much better performance with windows 2k than I ever did
with win98 (I keep up to date on all service packs and updates). Latency for
me has always depended on the soundcard and the drivers, so for the original
post, my initial reaction would be to look at the built in soundcard on the
laptop. Make sure your Bios is completely up to date for your machine. To be
honest though I'm not sure you are going to be able to get an acceptable
latency with the built in sound. You may want to look at other laptop sound
options.

m.