[PD] wacom usb tablet as controller ?

Christian Klippel ck at mamalala.de
Wed Apr 9 16:48:10 CEST 2003

hi maurizio,

Am Mittwoch, 9. April 2003 16:31 schrieb Maurizio Umberto Puxeddu:
> Hi Christian.
>
> I know that but if I share the tablet with X11 and a control widget and
> I start to move the pen and click here and there I could end up
> launching Mozilla or reconfiguring kernel and ALSA drivers :) No?
>
> Also I think that you cannot open a device twice and use it in absolute
> mode and relative mode at the same time. This is something that I
> sometimes wanted to do (I mean *switching* between absolute and relative
> mode).
>
> Unless there is something that I'm missing...
>
> Maurizio Umberto Puxeddu.

ah, ok, sorry. i got you wrong then ;-)

for the abs/rel mode, if your device works in absolute, you can easily create
the relative movement by substracting the previous position from the actual.

but for the switching of x input devices, not sure, i think i have seen some
tool for that. because one can hot-plug such devices to x, there must be a
way to unregister/reregister a certain input device for x .... i will look
for that ...

greets,

chris