[PD] Objects with the same name.

marius schebella marius.schebella at chello.at
Sat Apr 12 10:37:27 CEST 2003

hi,
i think this general problem is not solved yet, and i am not sure, if it
will be soon. isn't it also a problem if i name an abstraction after an
existing object?
AFAIK there is no defined searching order for objects. does the object,
which is chosen depend on the order in which libraries are loaded during
pd-start? or does it depend on the folder in which the patch is saved?
there could be a solution for the concerning objects, to use a name like
c.counter, or cyclone.counter which should be a synonym for the counter
object of the cyclone library.
still this would not tell anything about which counter people are using in
their patches.
hmm, would it be useful/possible to add a "declaration tag" to the pd-files
in which the used libraries are defined?
marius.