[PD] pix_videoDS doesn't exist for me

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Mon Apr 14 00:08:50 CEST 2003

I am running pd 0.36 on win2k and I just got the latest GEM from here:
http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~danielh/bogus/files/gem-cvs-2003-04-14.zip

I installed it, and GEM is recognized:

GEM: Graphics Environment for Multimedia
GEM: ver: 0.87+cvs
GEM: compiled: Apr 14 2003
GEM: maintained by IOhannes m zmoelnig
GEM: Authors :  Mark Danks (original version on irix/w
GEM:            Chris Clepper (macOS-X)
GEM:            Daniel Heckenberg (windows)
GEM:            Guenter Geiger (linux)
GEM:            James Tittle (macOS-X)
GEM:            IOhannes m zmoelnig (linux/windows)

but when I try to create any of the pix_video DirectShow objects, it says
they don't exist:
 pix_videoDS
... couldn't create
 pix_video_ds
... couldn't create
 pix_videods
... couldn't create
 pix_video_DS
... couldn't create

I tried using [pix_video] but it crashes after one frame, or sometimes it
doesn't even get that far before crashing.  I have tried this on two
different Win32 machines using a Logitech QuickCam 3000.  On both, I got
video in using the Logitech program and Macromedia Director.

.hc

	zen
	   \
	    \