[PD] readanysf~ almost beta

august august at alien.mur.at
Mon Apr 14 17:17:06 CEST 2003

'ncase anyone is interested.  ongoing work with this external.  basically,
I use pd for various things and need a similar interface to different
filetypes.

an almost beta version is at:

	http://aug.ment.org/software/readanysf~0.05.tar.gz

the only known bug at the moment is that if you try and remove one of the
readanysf~ objects from the canvas, something is likely to explode.

this has something to do with how flext handles threading, i think, but am
not sure.

is there something like a pthreads_join in flext?  i think that would
help.

ShouldExit() and StopThreads() simply doesnt do it for me.

features:

	pcm and time seeking
	looping (internally and should be sample accurate)
	plays  aiff, wav, nextstep (same code as readsf~ with 16,24
	and 32bit float support) plus vorbis and mp3 (using madlib)

near future:
	add flac support (anyone have a good simple flac code?)
	conifigure and make scripts

distant future:
	http streaming (perhaps)
	convert to pure c++ without flext if i cant get flext to work
	with the threading.  would be a shame.

any suggestions?  -tsugua.