[PD] readanysf~ almost beta

Thomas Grill t.grill at gmx.net
Mon Apr 14 19:35:18 CEST 2003

Hi August,
the main problem of your code is that the function m_child is stuck with
waiting for the conditional (cond.Wait() ) when you want to delete object.
On the other hand, there _was_ a flext bug when terminating such
incooperative threads. (which is in cvs tomorrow morning)

There a two ways to make your code cleaner:
- in m_child use cond.TimedWait() with 100 ms or so, so that your loop
iteratives once in a while. Then you can also use ShouldExit()
- when you want to stick with your quit, you can also signal the conditional
just before StopThreads() in your destructor

best greetings,
Thomas