[PD] PD, linux and ALSA

derek holzer derek at x-i.net
Mon Apr 14 21:27:32 CEST 2003

hi martin,

more info is needed here. can you post your /etc/modutils file, or
wherever you set up your alsa configuration? also, your .pdrc file, and
if you made an .asoundrc, it would be good to see that. you probably
aren't using jack [unless you fixed that since i talked to you this
weekend :-) ], but if you do fix that, it could be easier.

for examples of these files [using an hdsp soundcard, albeit], see:
http://pd.klingt.org/files/hdsp-howto.html

Planet CCRMA has a very good tutorial for setting up alsa sound under
redhat. you might want to look at that as well, and also the redhat
audio stuff here:
http://myweb.cableone.net/eviltwin69/ALSA_JACK_ARDOUR.html

further questions can be flow by the alsa-users list as well...

derek