pdp on osx (was Re: [PD] pdp.pd_darwin error: undefined reference to _gluOrt

Me tigital at mac.com
Tue Apr 15 03:14:49 CEST 2003

On Monday, April 14, 2003, at 08:39  PM, Josh Kinberg wrote:

> When this package was announced, it said that PDP on OSX required an
> additional install of libquicktime using Fink. I've been trying to get
> libquicktime for a while now and am still unable to. I've followed all
> the instructions for downloading and installing "unstable"
> packages--Fink can definitely find it, but it still won't install.
> Guess it really is unstable? Any advice? Is libquicktime still
> necessary for PDP on OSX, or can I just go ahead and add the PDP
> Darwin file to my externals and not worry about libquicktime.
>
> --Josh

hi josh,

...libquicktime is necessary (at this point) to play movies, but you
could still play around with pdp by using the pdp_noise object as an
input...libquicktime is in unstable, I don't know why your having
problems installing it:  is it downloading?  is it dying in compile?
Ya probably can't just add pdp.pd_darwin to your externals without
getting some complaints from the dyld loader...

l8r,
jamie