[PD] flashserver

Pall Thayer pall at fa.is
Tue Apr 15 13:19:42 CEST 2003

I have a little problem with the flashserver external. Every now and then I
get a client connection that won't close and the server is completely
blocked. No more connections can be made to it. When I do a netstat (I'm
using Linux) it shows the client with an ESTABLISHED status and the send-Q
is really high, 13000+. So I shut down the patch to try to clear the socket.
The sockets status changes to FIN-WAIT1 but stays that way indefinately so
that when I try to run the patch again, it will tell me that it couldn't
open the socket because it's busy. The only way to clear the socket at that
point is to reboot the machine. Anything we can do about it?

Pall