[PD] Re: portaudio

Adam Lindsay atl at comp.lancs.ac.uk
Tue Apr 15 18:51:51 CEST 2003

[I'm copying my response to the list, in case other people benefit.]

Hello, Alex.

I'm glad to hear you've done a lot of investigating on this problem.
Portaudio was indeed the place to go for help.

Since you have that snapshot, you could get a pd source tree (from
Miller, from the sourceforge project (e.g., pd-0.36-extended2.tar.gz
source) or from CVS), and replace the following file in the pd source
distribution:
    portaudio/pa_mac_core/pa_mac_core.c
...with the corresponding file from the portaudio snapshot. Just replace
that file.

Then, open the terminal and go to the pd src directory. Type 'make'. It
should simply configure and compile the pd binary. Test the new pd with
'../bin/pd'. Report back. :)

As for Apple's ProjectBuilder, I haven't really looked as that as a tool
for compiling Pd itself... I prefer to respect the cross-platform-ness of
the core of Pd, and use it as an opportunity to learn more about command
line tools.

Good luck, and welcome to the land of Pd hackers,
adam

 Adam T. Lindsay                      atl at comp.lancs.ac.uk
 Computing Dept, Lancaster University   +44(0)1524/594.537
 Lancaster, LA1 4YR, UK             Fax:+44(0)1524/593.608