[PD] Newbie problem reading wav files

Bradon Webb bradonwebb at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 17 05:24:46 CEST 2003

hello jerome,

You sound like you are doing all the steps correctly,
I gave it a try myself and it seemed to work fine for
me.  maybe you could be a little more specific with
where your error is coming from...such as where you
are getting the duplicated wav file.

     It is possible that if you are duplicating your
array table that the sample already loaded into it
will copy into the new array.  Even though you rename
the array it will still have the old sample in it. I
am guessing that you made a message to send a new wav
file into (array)sample2 but that you did not or
forgot to "bang"/send the message.  Make sure that you
can actually see the two different wav files in their
respective array tables sample1 and sample2.  If the
wav files look identical, then you have not loaded the
samples correctly.  This is the only thing I can think
of.

Bradon