[PD] stuck installing on OSX

Michael McGonagle fndsnd at rcnchicago.com
Fri Apr 18 23:30:33 CEST 2003

Mark,

You should download Adam Lindsay's installer, it seems to the most
"Macintosh" friendly installer... The problems that you had with
swapping out the binaries is probably due to the second binary being
linked to a library that is not on your system. You should rerun the
original installer to get the original binary back.

I am not really sure why this is, but every time I run pd as you have, I
get similar errors. Basically, the way that I run it is by creating an
'alias' that points to the "absolute" path for the binary. you should be
able to do the following:

[host:] user% alias pd /usr/local/pd/bin/pd

[host:] user% alias rtpd sudo /usr/local/pd/bin/pd

These two alias are used to run pd. The second is used to run pd with
the -rt option (you need to be running as root for the realtime stuff).

The best place to put these 'alias' is in your '.tcshrc' file. This is a
  'hidden' file that resides in your 'home' directory. You should be
able to just add both of these lines to that file, and the alias' will
be there for you each time you start a shell.

Mike