[PD] Re:[OT] How do your performance environments looks like?

Mathieu Bouchard matju at sympatico.ca
Sat Apr 19 01:02:39 CEST 2003

On Thu, 17 Apr 2003, kiilo wrote:

> i know it is important, to have something haptic in making music but
> the usual instruments have a huge history in their development. dont
> forget this ... who is playing for example today a "tiramin" (an
> instrument from the 20ties last century).

Depends on what range is that "today" meaning, but this instrument (called
the Theremin, which is also the name of its inventor), was used
extensively in 50's scifi/horror movies, and I know that Jean-Michel Jarre
used it live in the 80's. I could presume as well that many different
instruments were also created based on the Theremin, either on the input
device part or the synthesiser part.