[PD] Re:[OT] How do your performance environments looks like?

jose manuel berenguer jmbeal at telefonica.net
Sat Apr 19 02:48:36 CEST 2003

hello

>I think Kiilo meant to compare the relative stability of the traditional
>instruments to the way we are still working today with electronic
>devices. Theremin may be still in use and have influenced many other
>interfaces to electronic devices but sure it is not a well established
>instrument.

it is not really a well established instrument, it is true. anyway,
there is a list of more than 400 bands and musicians using the
Theremine

http://www.thereminworld.com/bands.asp

among them, Jarre (Oxigene 10, 1997) and Spencer, as has been said,
but also John Zorn and many other well known musicians.

Moog is selling one and it is MIDIfied...

http://www.moogmusic.com/cgi-local/SoftCart.100.exe/products_t.html?L+scstore+jmzx8890ffe6c8e6+1093474143

an interesting thing about Theremine that I don't know if it has been
transferred to other newer electronic devices is its highly developed
technique of playing...

jmb

--
Jose Manuel Berenguer