[PD] Re:[OT] How do your performance environments looks like?

Bryan Jurish moocow at ling.uni-potsdam.de
Sat Apr 19 09:53:16 CEST 2003

good morning,

... apologies for drawing this thread yet further off-topic...

On 19 April 2003 at 11:53:26, Chris McCormick wrote:
 [snip]

 > If you are interested in pursuing this course of action, the following circuit is very simple & cheap to build. We have used this live several times, although I've never bothered to run it into [fiddle~]. It only uses two ICs and follows the same basic principle of the theremin, but using digital componentry (it doesn't produce the very nice sine-wave that a theremin does, but rather makes a horrible and harmonically rich screaming square type of sound wave).
 >
 > http://mccormick.cx/gfx/digital%20theremin%20(small%20pic).jpg

wow -- i built this one once myself, and while i eventually did
manage to get it to behave like a theremin, it also made a great
receiver for the local radio station ;-)

i also got a constant horrible nasty ugly feedback-loop-like
scream somewhere >= 10KHz, though, which drove my roommates
nuts and made the device rather useless as a sound-source --
have you had similar problems?  if so, how do you deal with
them?

marmosets,
	Bryan