[PD] stuck installing on OSX

Alex alex at idoia.com
Sat Apr 19 11:39:30 CEST 2003

Hi Mark

I am  using pd with a Motu 828.
Have you try to read different startup file (.pdrc) the way you could
isolate if the problem comes from a library.
Also
> could not open midi output device number 1: Invalid device ID.
that is a problem we share but does not matter according to the fact
that your I/O are:
> 0: CoreMIDI, Port B (input)
> 1: CoreMIDI, Port B (input)
> 2: CoreMIDI, Port B (output)
> 3: CoreMIDI, Port B (output)

  I would not be surprise that:
> Could not create output format converter: error = 0x666D743F = 'fmt?'
> Error number -10000 occured opening portaudio stream
are responsible for the rest of the problem (i.e. couldn' t find pd and
pd.tk which are there!);
I had problem not long ago with a sound card which could not load
properly and that was actually causing problem in a patch that was
simply streaming out from a file on the disk (which should not involve
any audio IO).

Anyway, the Adam installer is very stable, but what I needed to do was
to update the portaudio for pd to solve my problem, thus I downloaded a
tree of pd from CVS
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/pure-data/pd-0.36-extended2.tar.gz
  and recompile it with the good portaudio
  (I used Adam' s installer for installing tk).
You may give it a try.

Alex