[PD] Multichannel audio on OS X

Stu Yarrow stu at outpost.org.uk
Sun Apr 20 14:31:36 CEST 2003

Hi

I am using Adam's 0.36-extended2 packages on OS X and I was unable to
get my EMI 2|6 usb audio interface to work in 6 channel mode (I could
get 2 channel output but no more).  I also noticed that others on the
list have had the same problem in the past, and digging around the pd
and portaudio list archives it appeared to be an issue with portaudio.
...so I updated the portaudio source with a nightly tarball,
transferred across Miller's changes in pablio_pd, and recompiled.

Now I can get 6 channel output (wahey!), but the menus etc have
reverted to their old behaviour ie listboxes in the pd window rather
than menus in the menu bar.  I suspect that this is because I have an
older/different version of tcl/tk, or maybe just some header files,
lying around somewhere from before I installed Adam's packages...

What should I do to make sure my tcl/tk setup is ok and that I am
compiling against the right version?

any advice much appreciated...

cheers

-Stu