[PD] mousestate

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Mon Apr 21 16:58:58 CEST 2003

Also, I just finished up the first version of a couple of objects based on
the Linux event system.  The objects are called [rawmouse], [rawjoystick],
and [rawevent].  They give you the raw data from the input device rather
than from the GUI, like [MouseState].  This means that your mouse
movements are not constrained to the size and resolution of your
screen.  Plus, in keeping with the original Max/MSP object, [MouseState]
only lets you use one button, while with [rawmouse] you can use up to 7
and the mouse wheel as well.

My objects are in the CVS under externals/hcs.  This week, I am going to
work on porting them to Windows/DirectX.  Then this summer sometime, I'll
port them to MacOS X.  I could put up linux binaries somewhere if people
are interested...  I've been planning to, I just haven't gotten around to
it.

.hc