[PD] audio+midi input

jfm3 jfm3 at ouroboros-complex.org
Mon Apr 21 19:47:13 CEST 2003

My understanding is that Pd only has MIDI influence audio on block
boundaries.

That means if you want to do MIDI out at all, you need -noaudio to get
any decent resolution.

Miller mumbled on this list about time-stamping MIDI events and making
this better, but that was long ago...

On Mon, 2003-04-21 at 02:56, Jonathan Gage wrote:
> am i missing something or is PD midi timing absolutely shit when using low
> latency audio drivers? in linux running jack even with a huge 8192 buffer pd
> can't hold a steady beat from a sequencer, and the same is true for ASIO
> under windows 2000. most other applications however manage just fine...
>
> strange.
>
> anybody got a solution other than -noaudio ?
>
> -jonathan

(jfm3  2838 BCBA 93BA 3058 ED95  A42C 37DB 66D1 B43C 9FD0)