[PD] The preset object

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Apr 22 19:33:17 CEST 2003

Hallo,
gert braakman hat gesagt: // gert braakman wrote:

> I'm new to this list. I've used max some years ago and now switched to PD on
> the Windows platform. I enjoy using PD, especially its VST options. One
> object I dearly miss is "preset" . It's great for doing all sorts of
> "improvisations" with different options. Is it available in PD? I searched
> extensivly in the the online libraries but did not find it.

No, there is no such thing as preset in Pd. It is sorely missed be
several users. Coming closest is the state external from the
ggee-collection. It is part of the pd-externals package on
pure-data-sf.net

But in only saves standard number boxes, not the state of the GUI
objects like the sliders.

The doc/7.stuff/synth directory contains an example for another approach:
storing by hand into a textfile.

ciao