[PD] mousestate

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Tue Apr 22 21:46:22 CEST 2003

- [rawjoystick] uses the Linux input event system, rather than the older
joystick interface, but that shouldn't make a visible difference.

- [rawjoystick] has a fixed number of outlets, [joystick]'s outlets are dynamically
generated.

- [rawjoystick] supports a hat switch.  (My joystick only has one, so
that's what I based it on....)

- [rawjoystick] uses addpollfn to get the data from the joystick, which I
believe makes Pd respond whenever there is joystick event
data.  [joystick] uses a clock_delay, which polls, then waits for a
certain length of time (5 ms by default, but configurable)  I could be
wrong about addpollfn.  Its in m_imp.h rather than m_pd.h, so it may not
be the best way to go...

I am now working on the same objects but written using libSDL, so this one
should work on Win, Linux, MacOS 9/X, BSD, etc.  I renamed the original
[raw...] objects to [linux...] ([linuxjoystick, for example) since they
are linux specific.

.hc

On Mon, 21 Apr 2003, vanDongen-Gilcher wrote:

> How is rawjoystick different from joystick?
>
> Gerard
>

> >Also, I just finished up the first version of a couple of objects based on
> >the Linux event system.  The objects are called [rawmouse], [rawjoystick],
> >and [rawevent].  They give you the raw data from the input device rather
> >than from the GUI, like [MouseState].

	zen
	   \
	    \