[PD] Gem composite

Me tigital at mac.com
Wed Apr 23 00:43:20 CEST 2003

On Tuesday, April 22, 2003, at 04:01  AM, Pixelcorrection at wmconnect.com
wrote:

> I wamt to mix two videos.  Does the composite object accept video?  If
> so how do you format the data?

you may wish to take advantage of the few help files that are available
under Gem/help...you could use any of the following:  [pix_add],
[pix_composite], [pix_takealpha], [pix_mix]...or you could have two
layers behind one another and send each a different [blend <, such that
one is the inverse of the other...

...which brings me to a broader observation:  I think we need to be a
little clearer about what an object does in the header & implementation
files:  there are at least 3 headers that say "Add two images together"
and at least 5 that say "Change the overall gain of a pix"!  Plus, it'd
be good to require a /help patch for any new object:  I know I've been
lax about that, but promise to do it from now on (really!)  ;-)

> I have had the experience mixing video with an analog mixer, and
> wanted to try to use Gem the same way?
>
> is it possible to use the puzzle object with video?  What is the
> difference between the data types of video and tiff image?

...yes, puzzle works with any input:  it just divides the incoming
image into user defined sized squares, which can then be shuffled
around via bang...as far as difference between video and tiff, tiff is
a single image, video (as concerns gem) is a live camera input/stream
of images...

> the multimage object could sort of do this, but not so good for live
> streams+labour intensive.

...don't use multimage much myself, I like moving images alot right now!

l8r,
jamie