[PD] mousestate

vanDongen-Gilcher gml at xs4all.nl
Wed Apr 23 23:01:52 CEST 2003

Hans-Christoph Steiner said at "RE: [PD] mousestate."r[2003/04/22 19:46]

> - [rawjoystick] uses the Linux input event system, rather than the older
> joystick interface, but that shouldn't make a visible difference.

If you have configured the input layer in the kernel, /dev/js* is linked to
/dev/input/js*, so
[joystick] already uses the input layer.

> - [rawjoystick] has a fixed number of outlets, [joystick]'s outlets are
> dynamically
> generated.

That is curious, I think a inputlayer aware joystick driver announces its
axis to the input layer.
Although I think a  HID joystick does it incorrectly, at least I always had
the maximum number (18) axis

> - [rawjoystick] supports a hat switch.  (My joystick only has one, so
> that's what I based it on....)

At least for my joystick, this is allready the case. The hat switches are
mapped to 2 additional axis'

But the polling should be an improvement.

Gerard