[PD] saitek ff (was: mousestate)

vanDongen-Gilcher gml at xs4all.nl
Thu Apr 24 19:55:27 CEST 2003

Hans-Christoph Steiner said at "RE: [PD] mousestate."r[2003/04/24 04:54]

> Could I ask about your ff joystick setup?  I am using a Saitek Cyborg 3D
> Force with linux 2.4.21-pre2-ff and I can't get the force feedback
> working.  Plus linux HID reports it has 41 axes and 16 buttons (it has 6
> axes and 9 buttons).

I am assuming you are using  the ff-patch from Johann Deneux: http://
user.it.uu.se/~johannd/projects/ff/,

I am using the same stick. You have to use the iforce kernel module, not
the HID module.
This also reports the correct number of axes and buttons
The HID only supports ff for a few logitech ff devices I think.
Which means putting your stick on the USB-HID blacklist if you use
hotplugging, somewhere in your /etc directory.
Or modprobing manually: input,iforce and evdev

It should include my patch to support te Saitek stick. If not I can mail it
to you.

Interesting how each kernel version reports a different number of axes (I
am using 2.4.19)

Hope this helps